| submitted by /u/TheRealRogers
- Neutrino mainnet – June 2019
- Testnet release of Schnorr signature – Jun 2019
- Mainnet release of Schnorr signature – Dec 2019
- Bitcoin node count reaches 12,500 – Dec 2019
- Bitcoin node count reaches 15,000 – Dec 2019
- CBOE-backed VanEck/SolidX Bitcoin ETF – February 27, 2019.
- Bakkt trading – June 2019
- Winklevoss ETF – June 2019
- Fidelity starts selling Bitcoin – June 2019
- Bitmain declares bankruptcy – June 2019
- LN Channel splicing – June 2019
- LN Sphinx-send – June 2019
- LN eltoo and Channel Factories – June 2019
- Atomic Multi-Path Payments (AMP) main net – June 2019
- LN node count reaches 10,000 – Aug 2019
- LN: Watchtowers – June 2019
- LND channel fund backups – June 2019
- LN on Electrum – June 2019
- Mainnet release of Lightning Labs desktop – June 2019
- Mainnet release of Lightning Labs mobile – June 2019
- 2-3 Major exchanges integrate LN – June 2020
- Coinbase integrates LN – June 2021
Will update this section when I hear new developments
In August 2017, we launched the first coverage areas for Blockstream Satellite to enable free and private access to Bitcoin blockchain data. Recently, we completed coverage for the Asia Pacific region, coming closer to worldwide coverage, and announced the Satellite API — a service that provides developers an API that can be used to pay via the Lightning Network to beam down private messages from the satellites.
We are Adam Back, Chris Cook, and the Satellite team. Ask us anything!
Here are images of the massive antennas we use to beam Bitcoin data to the satellites: https://imgur.com/a/VbD7bHe
Here is what one of the satellites (Telstar 18V) actually looks like prior to launch: https://imgur.com/a/sWvcfg0
To run your own satellite full node, check out our docs: https://github.com/Blockstream/satellite#getting-started
More info about the Satellite API can be found here: https://blockstream.com/satellite-api/
Update: We just launched the Satellite API Beta! You can now pay with testnet LN BTC to broadcast data for interesting and exciting new use cases! https://blockstream.com/2019/01/16/satellite_api_beta_live/
Update 2: We also cross-posted to r/IAmA. https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/agospf/we_are_blockstream_and_we_beam_bitcoin_down_from/
Hi, I’m nopara73 and I’ll be taking your questions for as long as they run out or I collapse from exhaustion.
Wasabi is an open source, privacy focused desktop wallet that utilizes coinjoins – trustless Bitcoin mixing. I founded it with another developer /u/lontivero and two lawyers /u/bharmat and /u/hgergoil, who are also going to hop in to this conversation.
Feel free to ask me about it, about future privacy improvements, about Bitcoin development in general or anything else. I hope there is at least some demand for this fungibility AMA. Ask me anything!
While Bitcoin and crypto price volatility has been a point of contention for years, … Yellen attacked Bitcoin's price stability, stating that it failed to inspire …
Google Alert – bitcoin