| submitted by /u/ericgeorge18
Davincij15, an investor and trader with experience in the cryptocurrency and metals market, published yesterday a document providing guidelines for …
Google Alert – bitcoin
From the potential for worldwide domination of cryptocurrency to the verdict on nine Bitcoin ETFs, here's a look at some of the stories breaking in the …
Google Alert – bitcoin
I may just be talking for myself here, but feel like we Bitcoiners are starting to wake up from this bizarre narrative (THEIR Narrative, and we all know who THEY are) that Bitcoin is some kind of digital asset 'investment' made in fiat to buy and sell (hopefully) in return for fiat profits.
It seems like the shortest time ago, Bitcoin was all about a peaceful silent revolution where, by simply buying what we could afford to lose and encouraging others to do the same and HODLing, we had a chance – maybe the only chance in human history – to remove the power of a select few to create money out of thin air to lord it over all of us and throw endless fake wars with it.
Then suddenly, we started 'getting rich', in fiat terms of course (our meager Bitcoin HODLings staying the same).
We got drunk on the euphoria. 'Real traders' with suits, the talking heads, the IMF, the rothschildes for god's sake – everyone in fact – raving on about the ROI of Bitcoin 'investments'. TA, buy low sell high, price predictions, lambos etc dominated our feeds and our thoughts.
We were duped.
THEY (and again, we know who THEY are) fooled us into viewing Bitcoin not as the revolutionary leaderless, censorship/gov resistant, borderless, permissionless and transparent form of exchange this world has NEVER had, but rather just another thing to buy with substanceless, permissioned fake fiat currency to 'get rich'.
In short, we all, bitcoiners and nocoiners alike, viewed the whole phenomena from the perspective THEY decided for us.
Not the perspective we were employing at the time – our perspective, our narrative. We allowed, in our own hearts and minds, OUR narrative to be replaced.
Then came the divide and conquer – the apparent 'scaling debate'. It took us by surprise. We hurried to study up on it (some more than others) and consequently chose 'our team' without ever realizing it was THEIR idea, this debate.
Their 'agreements', their fork, their version of Bitcoin ensued. We got sucked into battling with the gullible few who fell for it and who consequently (and understandably) dug in their heals to defend their erroneous decisions. We got side tracked, again, inTHEIR narrative. It bought them a lot of time and strengthened their successful narrative that made us view this phenomena as a fiat 'investment'.
Guess what, we are still standing, Bitcoin, the money badger don't care, it's still moving forward. When will we ??
Are we ready to drop THEIR narrative, THEIR perspective and get on with the revolution yet???
Our children, grand children etc are still depending on us.
• It has presented itself as a way to make huge profits quickly but I believe it’s just a way to attract as many people as possible. To outsiders, this looks like a cult, naive and short sighted.
“I’ve seen this before” many say.
But they haven’t. It’s not 1999, it’s 1929.
• Every major revolution comes once in a generation. No one fully lives through two, which is why they repeat themselves. Over and over. Approximately every 80-90 years. (“The Fourth Turning”)
• I don’t know what will happen with Bitcoin price or any crypto for that matter but I do know this – there is something brewing with geopolitics, with the economy, with inequality and with how things currently are. Travel around the world – you feel it
• This is why I urge everyone I know to buy some crypto, mostly Bitcoin, because it is a hedge against that macro force. The price will go up and down. Maybe it pops then comes back. But that won’t matter in 10 years – the seeds have been planted.
• Beyond the profits and the daily dopamine rush, this is infinitely bigger than people think – not because people will spend Bitcoin on groceries but because of what it represents – freedom from the system.
Only when we look back will we realize what it is we were a part of.