| submitted by /u/Pleasurepack
- Neutrino mainnet – June 2019
- Testnet release of Schnorr signature – Jun 2019
- Mainnet release of Schnorr signature – Dec 2019
- Bitcoin node count reaches 12,500 – Dec 2019
- Bitcoin node count reaches 15,000 – Dec 2019
- CBOE-backed VanEck/SolidX Bitcoin ETF – February 27, 2019.
- Bakkt trading – June 2019
- Winklevoss ETF – June 2019
- Fidelity starts selling Bitcoin – June 2019
- Bitmain declares bankruptcy – June 2019
- LN Channel splicing – June 2019
- LN Sphinx-send – June 2019
- LN eltoo and Channel Factories – June 2019
- Atomic Multi-Path Payments (AMP) main net – June 2019
- LN node count reaches 10,000 – Aug 2019
- LN: Watchtowers – June 2019
- LND channel fund backups – June 2019
- LN on Electrum – June 2019
- Mainnet release of Lightning Labs desktop – June 2019
- Mainnet release of Lightning Labs mobile – June 2019
- 2-3 Major exchanges integrate LN – June 2020
- Coinbase integrates LN – June 2021
Will update this section when I hear new developments
This video by Naomi Brockwell of 'normies' explaining Bitcoin reminds us there's still a long way to go taking cryptocurrencies to the masses.
Google Alert – bitcoin
I've been closely following crypto for about a year now. I waited so long for a good occasion to buy in, teaching myself about blockchain and cryptography. I invested 80% of my free time to read about the tech (online and from books), I've taught myself programming and worked my arse off to accumulate captial need for the push (I even took a sociology course to better understand how disinformation works). "Never invest in a business you cannot understand" – I was fascinated by crypto from the very first day I heard about it and today, after so much hard work, I can say not only I'm fascinated by blockchain but also understand how it works.
Today I bought 10 BTC as a long term investment and despite all the negativity and FUD I'm very confident it will pay off in the future. I've never been so excited in my life. Stay strong handed!