A bitcoin survey carried out by the Canadian central bank has revealed that though people in the North American country are increasingly aware of …
Google Alert – bitcoin
Sidechains can be added to Bitcoin, with a relatively tame, opt-in soft fork.
This small change can have big benefits for Bitcoin, but what of the risks to Bitcoin?
I recorded a presentation, to try and communicate my point of view. These issues are very complex, so I hope there are no mistakes! All views are my own.
Table of Contents:
- The Docile Miner
- Tx Fees
- Orphaning & Conclusion
- While the focus is on sidechains, the talk necessarily becomes a kind of "Scaling Overview".
- It's very long, but my goal was to be comprehensive. Even this was barely enough time to cover everything!
- I try to reach the conclusions in the first 5 minutes.
- Each video has a text summary in the description — for fast reading / skipping around.
- It covers content which is both very basic, and very advanced. So, I'm not sure who the right audience is. Sorry about that.
- If I had to rank them best-to-worst, I think (4, 2, 5, 3, 1) would be the ranking.
We recently reached the testing stage, although (as with all software development, always) everything is not yet 100% perfect.
As always, I did this primarily for my own benefit and understanding, but I hope you enjoy as well.
submitted by /u/psztorc